Hello, I hope you can maybe help me. In October 2015 I bought an Emax 280 Pro ARF Kit. I then build the quadcopter and bought a Turnigy 9x Transmitter w. reciever. Somehow I was expecting periodically signal losts. Not at every flight. And in a distance never farther away then 100meters/330feet. Maybe even only the half of it. It didnt happen at maximum range.
So I thought the flysky in the turnigy 9x is garbage. I bought the Frsky kit ( FrSky DJT 2.4Ghz Combo Pack for JR w/ Telemetry Module & V8FR-II RX) built it into the turnigy 9x. And I have the same problem. In the moment the signal is lost the quad just falls like a stone with no rotor spinning anymore. When I go closer to the quad it also doesnt react to any moving of the sticks on the transmitter. I have to turn the radio off and on again maybe even the quad also to get it back to work. I also tried a 7db patch antenna. Same problem. The area where I flew was clear line of sight. Nothing in its way between radio and quad. 10km away from next town. Reciever antennas are both pointed 45° up to the right and to the left. I also tried every possible transmitter antenna position with the same results. Could it be that the Turnigy 9x itself is faulty? Can it cause this problem to appear? Well I dont think that the flysky transmitter/reciever AND also the FrSky transmitter/reciever are both broken/faulty. But in my logic the Turnigy 9x can not cause this problem cause its a signal problem. And signal is made by transmitter and reciever. But I am not 100% sure thats why I am asking. If the turnigy 9x itself can cause this problem I am probably going to buy a Taranis X9D. I am just afraid that I will then have the same problem. Thats why I am asking for help before buying the expensive Taranis. My wallet is not happy with this hobby. Please help me.
Picture of the quad: http://www.directupload.net/file/d/4...ndsuyt_jpg.htm

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Activity