Are you trying to connect using the FTDI cable or xbee?
unbricking fixes xbee's
FTDI cable. The funny thing is it installs firmware without a problem. But couldn't connect to it. (APM 1.4)
in my case what worked is unbricking the xbees
I am still trying to use the latest version of Mission planner (now 1.2.1 Mav 1.0) with my 1.4 board as the 1.50 version is a bit less polished. Here's what happened
- Mission planner 1.2.1 Mav 1.0 (from July 29)
- I have the SM2 slider set away from the pins (toward position 1).
- I am connected through USB connection on comouter to mini USB on board
- I am running Windows7 (64 bits). The radio and PDB are not connected to the APM board. The GPS is connected.
- connected at 115200 baud and com3
1) I can go to firmware, and upload Arducopter V2.7 Quad (I have a quadcopter). This works fine
2) when I go to Terminal, it shows in the top right corner that there is a connection (connectors connected, and "disconnect" under this). In the terminal window it then shows
0pened com port
Init Arducopter V2.7
Free RAM: 1501
FW Ver: 118
load_all took 524 us
3) whatever I type in this terminal window, I get no response
4) if (in this window) I disconnect, and then connect again, I get the connection timeout message (no heartbeat)
5) If I go to Configuration -> Planner and toggle "Reset APM on USB connect" this does not make any difference (I tried with and without this on
I'm really stuck here & any tips will be appreciated
Thanks for the tip. I tried this, same issue - somehow the latest versions of the mission planner do not work with the APM 1.4 board for me (which is really frustrating). The reason that I use the terminal is to confirm that I can actually upload the latest arducopter version. That seems to work fine, but then once it is uploaded I can not communicate with it.
Still looking for an answer
I just tried this exact setup with my 1.4 and it works fine, first try. This is the APM by itself (no sensors, ESC or anything else), plugged in via USB.
Good to hear this - so it must be something I did (which is not surprising), and gives me some more direction to pursue. Do you use the latest Mission Planner (1.2.2) for this?
Thanks to the answer from Vernon I realized that I was barking up the wrong tree and that it was probably a problem on my side (pebkacr). So, I went through and checked all the soldering connections on the oilshield and 1.4 board and resoldered some which looked flaky, and now I can connect using the latest mission planner version. I connect using the mini USB connector.
Thanks everyone for the help. Now to getting this in the air...
Vernon, are you having IMU connected as well? Just wondering whether it works for you with a FTDI cable.. for me it didn't work.. Just trying to setup HIL simulation.
I have also the same problem :no heatbeat packets received.
Apm1 from usb :connect ok
radio telemetry don't want to connect (the 2 modules are full green and i can load settings in 3dr menu)
Crius aio pro 2 clone from usb : unable to connect. I had no problem with arduino
it seems to be a problem with mavlink
I got the same problem,
brand new 3dradios,
I have the same settings on both devices, baud 57600 but i'm unable to connect due to a No Heartbeat Packets Received
Did you find a solution?