I have a ArduPilot Mega 1 (red, with oilpan "shield") that after the latest firmware update (Arducopter 2.6) doesn't seem to communicate via Mavlink anymore.
Symptoms so far:
- Firmware upload works.
- Console mode in MP works fine. Passes all tests.
- Other modes than Console in MP does not work over USB.
- Nothing works over xbee.
- MinimOSD says waiting for mavlink data.
- It still fly's !
- EEPROM reset and factory reset using Console doesn't help.
- ArduPlane 2.4 has the same symptoms.
- Current version or older version of MP has the same behavior.
I have to admit, the last flight before the firmware upgrade was a heavy crash, so pretty much my question is if this makes sense for a hardware issue (firmware upload possible but no mavlink ??) or is has this to be software ?
Did you switch to Mission Planner w/ MAVLink 1.0? Or are you still using 0.9? Look in the title bar of Mission Planner.
HOW do you change the mavlink protocol in the Mission Planner? I cant find a switch or a download for Mavlink 1.0!
Run C:\Program Files(x86)\APM Planner\ArdupilotMegaPlannner10.exe
SOOO EASY!!! Thanks! I was searching for this for one day now! :-)
Thanks, that's it.
I feel like an idiot now. Guess I should read the changelog before applying firmware updates.