Hello,I recently wanted to test a 100w Led on my Octocopter and i was on my way home with my drone in the trunk. I stopped at a random field at 11pm, it was pitch black. Amazed by the Led I send a simple mission to the drone over Tower and at waypoimt 4 I heard a strange noise and saw a lighting. It was stuck in the electrical tower and taranis RSSi was immediately 0 but Tower was still connected!I could't do anything... So I waited 3 days full of very heavy raining until i finally got it back, it did cost me 1000€...BUT Pixhawk and everything survived and works at first sight! Only the battery (4s 16000mah) is flat at 0v.It was extremely stupod to fltly at a field I did not know at NIGHT but i learned a lesson!So Pixhawk can take some high voltages! ;-)

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Developer

ouch.. glad you could get your vehilce recovered :) 

thanks for sharing!

• Yeah i couldn't sleep at all i was so worried about my baby ;)
      • Wow!!! what's depressed, It's remember me when I landed my first plane on a tree, 25 mts high, I have to wait five days, before try many things to come back, the wind do the work, and rain the following day, only the battery ruined.

• yeah my battery i dead too:( and receiver...

• Here are 2 pictures!

P1010417.JPG

P1010415.JPG

This reply was deleted.

Activity