I have been using stabilize, wanted to try position hold to see if it will at least stay in my back yard and it wont, it drifts off almost hitting fences and plants.

I know the GPS works well because I fly it waypoints a lot and it works well.

Any reason it wont hold position?

GPS both lights blue.

I can see it moving on its own trying to stay in position, but it wont.

Ed,

Views: 2056

Replies to This Discussion

Is there any way to get defaults back?

I believe you have to go to the terminal CLI and then type setup, then type erase, then type reset. That should put you back at the default settings.

Did you mean Position Hold or Altitude Hold?

I already try Position Hold. It doesn't work for my quad too.

Maybe that was a problem for original CLI from MP.

But Altitude Hold work well for me.

Just a little stupid question, but are there any difference between "Pos Hold" and "Loiter"? I have used Loiter on 2.8.1 with uBlox GPS and that works fine.

/Benny

Hemm.. I also seeking for the answer. hehe..

Another stupid question: How to adjust CLI? Where can I find CLI scrip? Is it at Terminal tab in MP?

CLI = Command line interface.  When you click on the terminal window in the mission planner you're connecting to the cli.

We use to use it a lot back in the early days.  You'd do most of your set-up including radio, flight modes, accelerometers, etc. all using the cli.  These days the mission planner is used for most of that but there are still a few functions that can only be invoked from the cli.  For example the "system", "reset" feature which resets all parameters to the defaults.

I really don't know, it seemed like the position hold held for a little while then it just drifted away :(

What I was looking for is something that would use the GPS for holding position yet let me arm, take off and land where I still have control of my own throttle but when all sticks are centered it would hold there like my NAZA-M does, but to this day I have not found anything like the NAZA GPS alt hold with the APM 

Edgar,

Loiter is the closest we have to that.  It's getting closer.  In 2.9 we will start using inertial navigation for alt hold and it makes a big difference.  the next step will be using it for horizontal position hold as well.  It's quite complex to get it right but we're making decent progress.

okay, thats why I was using Position Mode because it gave me control of the throttle like the NAZA-M does, and reading it should also use the GPS like the NAZA when I let go of the sticks, although mid throttle stick did not really hold altitude at all.  Another thing is I can take off and land in Position Mode.

With all due respect I find that there is nothing that lets me fly GPS mode and still have control over my throttle and arm, disarm and land so unfortinatly I find I never use GPS and just Stabilize mode, the only thing I use GPS for is Auto.  If I cant arm take off and land with GPS I dont find a lot of use in it.  

Given that confusion and the fact that few people use Position Mode, I'm wondering if we should just eliminate that mode, which seems to more more confusing that it is helpful. Loiter is really what most people want. Randy, what do you think?

Edgar,

Ok, interesting.  We always force people to take-off in stabilize mode but that's because our lands in loiter have been bouncy.  That's fixed in 2.9 so maybe we should rethink the restriction that people can only take-off in stabilize....but i think we won't make that change until we have the inertial nav for xy working which will be a big step forward in terms of making a position hold mode that feels like 'stabilize'.

Well what I did was arm in Stabilize Mode, then switch to Position Mode so I could have full control of throttle and let the GPS hold my position.

The main issue I had with the Loiter is that if your not careful the craft can shoot up or fall fast when I change back to stabilize mode just to land, the Position mode eliminated this behavior.  Personally I think its closest thing to the NAZA flight I can find except the face that the mid throttle stick is not holding well.

RSS

© 2014   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service