I have been using stabilize, wanted to try position hold to see if it will at least stay in my back yard and it wont, it drifts off almost hitting fences and plants.

I know the GPS works well because I fly it waypoints a lot and it works well.

Any reason it wont hold position?

GPS both lights blue.

I can see it moving on its own trying to stay in position, but it wont.

Ed,

Views: 4202

Replies to This Discussion

Yaron,

You should be able to do that in loiter. If you lower the throttle you will loose altitude and if you raise it you will gain altitude.

Everyone,

The perfect loiter mode would for me be that the copter stays in position and altitude when sticks are in center and when a stick is out of the center position the speed of the movement should be a linear function of the stick position. Maybe that will be to difficult so an alternative could be that pitch / roll angle will be a linear function of stick position (like I think stabilize works today)

Regarding confusion of modes:

Today (Mission Planner 1.2.28) we can select the following modes

1: Acro

2: Alt Hold

3: Auto

4: Circle

5: Guided

6: Land

7: Loiter

8: OF_LOITER

9: Pos Hold

10: RTL

11: Stabilize

12: Toy

Most of the modes are described here AC2_ModeSwitch, but what is Land, OF_LOITER and Toy mode? Have an idea of the intention of Land is, but does it work?

Thanks

/Benny

Randy, thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately it still drifted away.  I tried the Alt Hold and it even had trouble.  From what I read the direction of the GPS does not matter?  I was also thinking about putting my GPS on a pedestal like my N... product is to see if that may help?

Randy, maybe this helps:

I took off in stabilize mode, it flew pretty good with some drift.

Change to position hold

over about a minute the craft started to "pull" to the left, it was almost like a rubber band, I move it to the right where I wanted it and it "slow" rubber bands back to the left to where I guess it "thinks" it is.

Then I change back to stabilize mode.

the rubber band is gone again with normal gyro drift.

Does that point to anything?

Thanks again for your help

Randy,

This is a video that shows whats happening, really its not holding at all :(

When I brought it back when I let go of the stick it kept coming at us :O

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tde4sFmuFDg

of loiter uses optical flow.

normal loiter can be used to climb and decent, just at predetermined rates, outside the central throttle deadband, compared to pos-hold where you have full manual throttle control.

I suppose position hold could be useful if you want to climb and fall quickly, or at different rates, but I too am happy with the loiter methos.

I might give pos-hold a try later, and kill the throttle momentarily. That should be interesting :) (BUT not recommended!)

Hi Benny,

I can tell you that Land works just fine. I've tested it with my Y6 on numerous occasions and it works like a charm. I had my Y6 decending from around 50m and flipped into land mode. The copter decended at a fair pace up till about 2.5-3m from the ground and then decended slowly until it touched down. It becomes a little bouncy then so I would suggest killing the throttle and turning land off(back to stabilize). Your multi will just sit down without issues. The new 2.9 rx apparently sorted the bounce on land. Can wait for the release.

Antonie

RSS

© 2016   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service