Power connections for Flame Wheel F450 and Pixhawk

Hi All,

I'm building my 1st quadcopter using the Flame Wheel F450 and the Pixhawk. I have a question about connecting the power supply.

The ESC's that come with the F450 have servo connectors that can plug directly into the pixhawk. Is this correct. Do I need to supply power to the ESC's via the build in power distribution board on the F450 as well.

I guess what I'm asking is if the ESC's are connected to the build in PDB should I only use the signal lead from the ESC servo connectors to plug into the Pixhawk.

I don't want to make the wrong connections and blow something up.

Than ks

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Ray,

You will definitely have to power the ESCs from the main power distribution connected directly to your 3s/4s battery.

The 3 pin servo connector allows the pixhawk to signal the ESC on how fast to spin the motor and it can also supply 5v power into the pixhawk. I had an APM2.5 module before and I know that the flight controller power was divided into multiple rails where the BECs from the ESCs would power a rail with 5v.

The signal is flowing from the Pixhawk to the ESC but the 5v power is flowing from the ESC to the Pixhawk.

Hope that helps.

This reply was deleted.

Activity