Quadcopter APM 2.8, flip over when lift off

I'm really mad with my quadcopter, I watched so many youtube instruction to solve my problem but I could not make my quad lift off without flip over.
My quadcopter is X configuration as following:
- Frame F450
- Props 1045
- 4 motors 2212, 1000kv, 13T
- 4 esc 30A
- Battery 3s, 5200mah, 30c
- Transmitter Devo 10, rx 1002
You guys can watch my video to know what exactly my problems are. I really want to surrender at all.
I made adjustment for props direction cw and ccw, motors spin direction and order, calibration for one by one esc, transmitter calibration, props balancing... BUt after all, It still flip over when lift off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zG2NtdhugMM

Please help me out of this mess, tks you guys

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Were you able to solve your problem?because i have similar problem, and couldn't figure out the solution.
  • In complete  agreement  with the last post of  RMAviation I will end my contribution to this thread because firstly I have given all my information and secondly the opinions differ to much to usefully debate any further.

Kind greetings, Ted.

If risks are understood and mitigated then there is no problem. It is not generally recommended due to the risk of injury. However, with good prior planning and full safety equipment it can be helpful. For myself a full face helmet and suitable all over protective clothing is a minimum. It's okay to register a disagreeing opinion and debate the issues but let's keep it civil. As with most topics, as long as it does not violate the TOS, honest debate is best for all. Censorship, not so much!
  • Please enlighten me how burning lipo's illustrate the danger of holding a quad above your head.

The same thing for losing fingers if you hold this type of quad by its landing gear with welding gloves (you know how they look and feel?).

The danger of my method arises if  by miscommunication the propellers are started while the brave person thinks they are ready and looses his/her alertness. As a last safety precaution one could wearing a helmet.

Kind greetings, Ted.

• RM Aviation replied to Nick Phan's discussion "Quadcopter APM 2.8, flip over when lift off" on DIY Drones

------------
    There is no need to remove the comment, it's not recommended and can be very dangerous if protective equipment is not worn but it can help.

Any reason for removing this comment ???

@ Iskymaster :No I am not kidding you.

This is a 1kg quad with a maximum lift of about 3 kg, not some 20 kg heavy lifter.

I know from experience that this type of quad can be held quite easily and safe by two of the legs above some body's head with stretched arms. The forces are by all means quite small.

In my book this is a lot safer then starting up a probably wrong configured quad in a confined space standing a few feet away. (and perhaps even in a gps mode) .

Of Course it is perfectly fine for you to have a different opinion but demanding removal of a post????????????????.

Greetings, Ted.

• The following is NOT the recommended procedure but has helped me sometimes .

Find a brave person and have him/her hold the quadcopter straight above their head with its front facing forwards. Start the copter in a non gps mode (altitude mode), put the throttle around half. Don't touch the sticks anymore.

If the person tilts the copter to the front he/she should feel clearly that the copter trys to put itself straight again. The same for tilting left/right and back.. If this works you know that the controller has the right orientation and the motors are connected correctly.

The second test is that in the same non gps mode the person holds the copter stable above their head and with half throttle you steer the copter forwards/rearwards/left and right. the brave one should feel clearly that the copter wants to move in the same direction as you are steering it. If this works also then the stick direction on your transmitter is fine.

Again be carefull! I use thick long welding gloves when I am the person holding the copter.

Good luck.

• In the initial video, it looks like he's running the motor test in Mission Planner, and everything appears correct there, including prop orientations.

• Here my new video, it causes break my motor and esc too
    https://youtu.be/5INXkkdYRNI
  • If you've loaded quadcopter firmware, and set the right configuration ('X'), the standard parameters should not cause you to flip.

Maybe you should re-set the parameters to default, in case you changed any incorrectly.

Are you sure the trim settings on your transmitter are set to zero (everything centered)?

George

• George Kelly said:

Your video doesn't show a flip-over. (Have you actually taken off, flipped over, and crashed upside down?)

It just shows a little wobbling as you start to give enough throttle for the quad to move.

By itself, this doesn't tell us anything, and certainly doesn't mean the drone will actually flip over when you lift into the air.

Your flight controller could be very slightly off-level, and is trying to level itself, but can't, because it doesn't have any altitude to do so. (your homemade legs and feet don't look highly standardised!)

When the drone is so close to the ground (like, actually touching the ground), minor wobbles like this are common. Many people here have had them. In fact, the developers warned in the past that you must take off quickly and confidently, until you reach a few metres in altitude, so that the machine can take over and stabilise itself. But if you try to take off very, very, cautiously, and gently, and try to control every little wobble you see, you will flip over and crash.

If you try to fly a drone of that size in such tight indoor spaces, I'm afraid you probably will crash, even if the drone is perfectly fine. I certainly would. Find a big, safe, outdoor space, and try a full take-off - to 5 metres or so, and see what happens.

Yes, if you have made real mistakes in assembly, you may crash. Everyone crashes. But if you haven't, you will never find out, testing it like this (in the video). 

It's scary, yes, but everyone has to get past it.

Please note - you are responsible for your decisions, and the results.

(And Loiter mode is a bad idea indoors - it depends on GPS lock, which is very unreliable indoors. And if the drone gets confused, the result might be sudden disaster, and injury).

Good luck.

George

(Oh, also - sometimes Mission Planner spontaneously re-sets the frame configuration from 'x' to '+' without tellling anyone. You have to re-check this from time to time. If it does, you will flip)

Should I modify any parameters of APM to make it stabilize when take off? I was afraid throttle too much because it used to flip over few times and broken the prop too. Yesterday, it spoiled my motor again. So you think I should take off the foam under quad's legs?

I read some advisor  said should try to take off by hand like we hang it in the air and throttle up. I've never tried it before. 

Please show me how to modify parameters of APM, I think that is my problem

This reply was deleted.

Activity