Hi,

as I understand, circle is supposed to be like loiter, just without GPS. Last weekend, I was out testing and switched my APM into cirlce mode (with the R/C) and nothing happened. The Bixler 2 just flew straight. At this time, no GPS was installed to the APM which is running Arduplane 2.7.

Am I missing something? Shouldn't the plane have started circling?

Then about loiter: I suppose, when I switch the mode to loiter via the R/C, the radius is WP_LOITER_RAD, right? Or is there a different setting? How about the altitude? Does it loiter at the altitude where it was when I activated altitude (aka ALT HOLD) or does it go to any preconfigured altitude? Same question goes for circle...

-Stefan

Views: 1751

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm not an arduplane expert but i think that both circle and loiter on arduplane will default to attempting to hold the current altitude.

I would have expected the plane to start circling instead of just going straight...

I would have expected the plane to start circling instead of just going straight...

Mee too :D. AFter I got my plane back from the city's groundskeeper, I triple-checked the APM settings and if the R/C triggers circle and everything works fine.

I use a 9X with the 6pos switch mod.

My first reasonably successful flight, btw. Before, the plane always crashed after a few secs, until I finally had the APM setup figured out :).

Nice video... With exclusive tree top parking ;-)... Those Finnish trees. Hope you got it down easy enough?

Nope, it staked itself with a branch. No way shaking it loose. But fortunately, we have a lot of trees over here and the city's groundskeeper had a heart for newbie pilots and a chainsaw :).

BTT: Which parameter sets the radius for  circle? Does it use the radius setting from loiter?

Yes, i believe it uses the LOITER_RADIUS parameter.

Would be nice if you could set a different RTL and loiter radius

LOITER_RADIUS? Or WP_LOITER_RAD? I have to check again but I think, (at least in 2.7) there is no LOITER_RADIUS.

At this time, no GPS was installed to the APM which is running Arduplane 2.7.

I'm confused now, surely without a GPS installed the plane does not have any navigational data, so how can it circle?

You are mixing up LOITER and CIRCLE. LOITER is circling around a GPS point. CIRCLE is just stabilised circling, i.e. e.g. wind can move the plane off the initial center point.

Yes, you're right.  Looks like it's WP_LOITER_RAD.

Thanks Stefan, I didn't know that.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2016   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service