Radios, Dragon Link and video in 900..

Hi 

I've been looking around if there's any compatibility issues with the new 3DR radios and my system.. Since I am using a Dragon Link LRS and video is 900 mhz I was wondering If I'll be able to connect any of the two options... Any Idea..? I am little bit lost since seems that 2,4mhzis neither an option for me..

thanks!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Developer

What frequency is the Dragon Link on? (I seem to remember it as 433MHz, is that right?)

Certainly its considered a good idea to not have two systems in the same band in the same aircraft if you can avoid it. It can work, but if you do it then you better do some careful ground testing at long range to ensure the two systems don't interfere.

If both systems can be configured to use different parts of the band that can help. For example, the 900MHz band in the US is quite wide (902 to 928MHz), so you could easily setup two systems that are separated by a good frequency gap. That isn't as good as using two different bands, but it will help a lot. You need to use 50 hopping channels in the US, so you can't setup a link on a very narrow range of frequencies, but its easy to fit 50 channels in well under half the US 900 ISM band.

I'm curious, what 900MHz video system are you using?

Cheers, Tridge

This reply was deleted.

Activity