RCTimer ArduFlyer V2.5 Kit Flight Controller

What is that RCTimer ArduFlyer V2.5 Kit Flight Controller compared to 3D robotics? it seems to be the same but much lower price, it should be a stupid question, but why do they have such low price?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• You keep bringing up the licensing that the ardupilot is made under, and you say that 3DR "perhaps" wants it to fall under another.

The thing is, no one from 3DR is complaining. Your just assuming they feel a certain way and are running with it, but all evidence suggests that they are perfectly happy with the way things are. As long as they keep innovating, they don't have a problem.

• Thieves of R&D with forum sock puppets posting on the original's forum. Welcome to the modern world.
  • Another difference between the ArduFlyer and the APM 2.5 seems to be in the mystery port which connects to the power module.  Using the 3DR power module with the ArduFlyer it only gets about 4.7V to the board.  Using APM2.5 gets the expected 5V.  Calibration and voltage/current detection seems to be a bit off as well due to that, but I haven't played with it extensively yet.

• Chris: Who are "we" in "we don't support the RCTimer board..."?
    Are you saying us Diydrones users are not allowed to share where in the GIT this instructions is to be found, or do you say 3DR doesn't support Arduflyer boards.

You have two hats, and sometimes this can be difficult to know which hat you have on when answering. I will advise you to explicit write who you are representing when writing in the forum to eliminate people misunderstand you. Special in “hot” discussions.

To all:
    I think we in this discussion has lost focus on why we are here at diydrones. We should share ideas for help each other enjoy our hobby. Please go out flying and then come back here with a big smile before you continue this forum thread.

Some people buy original products, some may buy cheaper models. I think we should be careful to judge each other for this. We should focus on our common interests and work together!

For Arduflyer users who want to update PPM Encoder you can find instruction for programming missing PPM Bootloader if you look in Arduplane manual. In “Source” on right side and then “Browse” you will see all the source code of the ArduPlane/Copter projects. Under ArduPPM you will find usbdfu bootloader with *.hex file and instructions for updating. Updating can you do with a $5 USBasp programmer from Hobbyking.

Thank you to all users contributing to this project, and special to Chris Anderson for keeping it all together at diydrones.
    For users not familiar with the source code. Please browse source in the manual and think of how many lines our developers have written with code to make this projects possible! Thank you!

• @Elvis

I completely agree. Not only are we supporting our own economy, but were ensuring future R & D into drone tech. I Imagine 3DR is taking advantage of NAFTA, and actually saving money this way as well. There is also the added bonus that a strong Mexican economy actually helps the US in the Long run.

• As far as deleting or editing your posts, I'm afraid you've got the wrong guy. Although looking back on it, the whole "Lets dance" thing was a bit ridiculous, and I can see why it got deleted.

And for my own posts, well I am a writer, and If after making a post something doesn't sound quite right, or I forgot to include something I will go back edit it, and re-post. But I'm not censoring myself by any means.

• My personal opinion is this; I'm an American and I don't mind spending a few bucks extra to support an American company who put their time and effort into developing something. The 3DR boards may be manufactured in Mexico and I don't mind supporting them as well but my money is still going to an American company. If you have the chance and you live in China, you should support China, UK support UK etc... but I'm sure some of you "Americans" crying about our economy are the same ones buying from outside the country so you have no one to blame but yourselves. 

• Okay Ill bite, I'm not sure what you think you gleaned from the history of my posts...But I when I say something I mean it. Granted Ill censor myself from saying something rude, or insulting....but that's something that all of us learned as kids. (AKA inside voice - outside voice, which falls under common courtesy) I'm not sure what in my post triggered you to catch up on my past posts, and then somehow glean from that I'm not saying what I actually want to say, but your mistaken.

On a separate note, you should try getting your point across without all the sarcasm. If your goal is really to somehow help the community, you would have much better luck if your layed off the argumentative writing style.

• arduflyer is a great thing for all communauty, because more people will buy one!

communauty grown up and everybody will be happy

• 100KM

It would seem that the Arduflyer board is now also available in the US, based in Bandero, Texas.

UAVobjects arduflyer board

This reply was deleted.

Activity