Really Good CHDK Script for SX260?

Does anybody have a really good intervalometer script for an SX260?  I've got your basic "Ultra Intervalometer" script running, but would like more functionality.

I'd like something that will run as fast as the camera can. Using fixed focus and exposure.  I think it can rattle off almost 1 frame per second like this.  Currently I'm limited to about 3 as it's doing a full shot composition each time.

I'm not even sure what other features would be nice.  Anybody have any other ideas?

Rob

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Are you sure it's not recording "raw" format (DNG) besides JPG?  If I set that, the screen goes black for 2 secs at least and only then comes back. Without DNG it just takes the shot, goes black and comes back 1/4 second later.

If your focus and exposure are fixed then you should be getting around 1 photo per sec. My SX230HS achieves that.

That kap uav script is one of the best you can find. I had to remove some functions as it would crash in my camera otherwise, something related to memory allocation.

Just to be sure, it's also important to be in a light environment when testing, as the shutter time obviously impacts how fast you can take these photos. At night this easily increases to 1-2 secs shutter time.

Another important feature for agriculture and CMOS seems to be exposure settings. I wrote on publiclab about the use of CMOS sensors and some NDVI images. It turns out that apparently on my camera at least, if I don't tune down the exposure (Ev), I'm not getting a lot of contrast. Looks like the sensor is getting blasted too much with NIR light. So exposure settings help.

• Have you tried this script? I am using it with a Canon S100 for aerial mapping. I used it in its default setting and it works really well for what I need, a lot better than in the Canon auto mode. But I don't think I will be fast enough for what you want. I also have a version for USB shutter control and remote turn off but it is a bit rough if you are interested.

Danny

This reply was deleted.

Activity