1) The SVN seems out of date or unused. Is there a development branch we can sync with?
svn checkout http://ardupilot.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/
2) Whats the procedure for patches? Should they be emailed or posted? Diffs?
3) Serial ports on Arduino 0017 on Ubuntu Linux seem unstable, is the windows version stable?
4) I am working on building a hardware in the loop test system and have GPS data coming out of X-Plane. So, before I get myself any further into this can someone verify my understanding of the NEMA parser?
GPGGA Only position fix and altitude are used
GPRMC everything except utc, utc status and date are used
and GPS times out after 2 seconds
My understanding is that none of the other NEMA information is used.
I get the impression that long term you only want to support ublox binary protocol. Is part of that due to issues with reproducing bugs and troubleshooting?
I would like to see some sort of flight data recorder that can be plugged in to x-plane and the HITL test system to reproduce test cases.
5) My GPS emulator right now outputs the exact position (exact in x-plane), Should I even bother emulating error at this point? Is supporting binary GPS formats more important?
This looks like some good information on GPS error distribution http://users.erols.com/dlwilson/gpsacc.htm
Apparently GPS error has a Rayleigh distribution.