Just wondered whether anyone has notes of wisdom when trying to use the AR8000 receiver with the APM/OilPan?
I've been able to get communications using my DX8 and an AR6200, but when i tried to use the AR8000 (with the intention of using getting 8 channels and the telemetry box at some point too) i didn't seem to be able to establish communication - when trying to use the configuration app i couldn't get it to detect stick movement.
When using my DX8 (and high frame rate satellite) with my MK Hexa i have to use a different MK software setting, is such a thing required for the APM/OilPan?
I've had no problems with the dx8 and ar8000 with arducopter.
I did notice that if I detached the remote receiver, it wouldn't work until I re-bound it.
I had the same problem.
It was fixed but connecting up the AR8000 to the APM and then binding the DX8.
Many months late :) But I'm using a AR8000 with no problems.. except my satellite cable broke and now the whole thing refuses to work.
Just rebind it with the satellite detached. Should work fine.
I have a DX8 and AR8000 setup. I find that you need to bind with the RX + Satellite + connected to the servos and powered up APM. Also I find that 22ms frame rate works the best, even though it binds at 11ms, after binding, I startup my DX8 in setup mode and switch to 22ms frame rate.
Thanks for the advice. I had the same problem with the AR8000. Attaching the sattelite and then binding solved the problem.
I have a problem where the throttle is not working but all other channels are... It seems there is some fail safe function that blocks throttle operation. I find that connecting the Rx directly to the Speed Control when plugging in the battery, then reconnecting the APM inline after the connection is made resolves the issue.
i.e. Disconnect the ESP servo cable from the APM
Plug directly to AR800
Connect main battery
disconnect ESP from Rx
Connect ESP to APM
Connect APM to Rx
Now the throttle works...