Hi guys,

we've been working for some time on a stylish cool design for an arducopter frame that could be easily unmounted and that would give the quad a super-w00t look
here are a few renders, any feedbacks appreciated !

Views: 13815

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's a very nice design.

I've been toying with a few designs that are lightweight and protect bystanders from the blades in the event of a loss of control, but none of mine were that elegant.

Well done.
very elegant, no grass-landings/takeoffs with this beauty, i guess
i have no clue about arducopter frames... will the ring around the props not cause resonance/vibrations ?
- Connect adjacent shrouds to each other, to improve structural rigidity
- Be aware that the blades may flap or bend in flight. Ensure you have enough clearance for this
- Its not clear how many supports you have connecting the arms to each shroud. You should use a odd number to prevent undesirable resonances
- The overhead mounting is better from an aerodynamic perspective, since the stream tube contracts as it travels through the prop.
- Consider landing gear to keep the props further from the ground during landing/takeoff.

- Roy
Wow... its coooooool dude. Really good. I don't how much time would you guys spend on this but this simple, pretty and neat. Added some designs or patterns will make it pretty stunning and a landing gear would be better for some ground clearance. I would like to have one of this or want to make one.
Alex, have you pursued a prototype of this slick quad?
nope :/ lack of time killed it - if someone is interested in pushing it a bit further let me know ! the design files are pretty advanced already

Do you have this design in .DXF file format or any CAC/CAM file? If so please tag a link and I will be off to produce this puppy...

I have access to a 3D printer and would like to have a play at getting this printed, can you send me the files?

That's sexy (For a machine).  It'd be awesome to find somewhere that can turn that into reality...I'd buy one if it didn't turn out super expensive!!!!

Nice frame :) great design ! If this went to the market, I would probablly get one

there's a link to the 3d files let me know how that turns out ! https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6774414/eyedrone_3d.zip

Nice design, makes me feel like a complete novice at solidworks...could you also supply the solidworks file for the body? As I'm looking to adapt it to fit Hubsan X4 electronics.

DIY Drones Monthly

Season Two of the Trust Time Trial (T3) Contest 
A list of all T3 contests is here. The current round, the Pylon Race, is here

© 2015   Created by Chris Anderson.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service