Hi guys,

I have two Arducopters and I am planning to create a swarm type communication between them. 

Here is my setup:

1) Two similarly constructed Arducopters with APM 2.5+.

2) Both have Telemetry enabled

Questions:

- I want to be able to control both of them via one Mission Planner, not two separate MP's and radios. I want to have one master copter and the other as the slave copter. Master, I control via radio and telemetry in Mission Planner (just as normal) and the other slave copter gets command like take off/ land from MP, etc and communicates with both master quad and Mission Planner (but slave copter may  not display its data on MP, that is still fine). I went through the Mission Planner C# code (and there is interesting something planned for swarms, is this already functional)?

- One USB Telemetry attached to my laptop (Windows OS running Missing Planner) detects both these copters? I believe I have to change the 'component ID' in code (C++ for APM and C# MP) for this? Is there a way to get around with it via Mission Planner? One Telemetry attached to Mission Planner and if I switch on two copters (having Telemetry), Mission Planner gets mad at me, shouts at me (random behaviors) - I think it gets awesomely confused as there is no distinction. All have the same system and component IDs.

Hope this can be helpful to others in the near future. Any ideas?

Views: 4912

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't know about the IDs but it must be possible if they are multipoint devices.
Broadcasting to all nodes is not good for me, I am looking for scalable approach.

I might get a rover in addition to my quads for some trials. But my day job keeps me busy.

Any progress on this Shyam?

Did you try Mission Planner Swarming?

http://planner.ardupilot.com/wiki/swarming/

Hi @crico1999,

I did not get to test swarm for sometime now. If I do, I will make a post ;)

Regards,

Shyam

Hello All.

I have one query is it possible to connect 2 or more GCSs with single MAV ? If it is then how ?

Mission Planner has hardcoded systemid = 255 and componentid = 190,so, if I connect one or more GCSs then how MAV will differentiate between those.

But, suppose if I go to the field where 1 MAV and GCS pair are already there and I install my own GCS and MAV pair on the same field so my question is that will it affect the ongoing communication occurring between first MAV/GCS pair ?.

the closest thing i did with swarm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBrhbfi0nBw

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service