I've been working on this for a while and cannot figure it out. First of all, I am running the ATMEGA1280 board with the APM 2.23 software(tried different versions with no luck). When connecting the APM setup through USB to the computer, ground control software picks up the telemetry data fine. When I try to go though the PORT3 XBEE link, it only gives spotty results - the "percentage" ranges in the lower left corner show very low numbers, but shows it is connected, with no sensor readings. When I disconnect, it shows the "warning link lost for 3 seconds..." statement.
Xbees are 900MHz, running the XB900-DP 1161 firmware. I can communicate between xbees with serial monitor windows, but doesn't work on the telemetry link. Running them at 57600 baud, and tried running them at 9600 as well.
Also, I believe that everything is set up right in the config.h file.
#define SERIAL3_BAUD 57600
#define GCS_PROTOCOL GCS_PROTOCOL_MAVLINK
#define GCS_PORT 3
#define GPS_PROTOCOL GPS_PROTOCOL_MTK16
#define LOGGING_ENABLED DISABLED
Any ideas would be appreciated.
Okay, I tried using the APM V1.02 and it worked, so I'm not setting something up right in the code. Any ideas?
Also, in the command line window in the HK Ground Control Station, I'm only getting a print like every half second. An example line would be -
"MAVlink - 55 03 FC 01 01 00 01 03 02 5E 8C"
You don't need to fiddle with the code. Just load it straight from the Mission Planner.
Alright, I tried that and still no dice. What seems to work is first connecting the GCS to the APM board through USB. After the board is sending telemetry to the pc, then I disconnect it and connect the ground XBEE to the pc. It then communicates. What could be causing this?
I'm afraid I'm not following. Please explain the steps you can do to replicate this issue and what versions of software (ArduPlane and Mission Planner) you're using.
I have the system fully assembled. I have uploaded the latest version of the code through the latest Mission Planner.
When I power up the APM, I try to connect the ground station XBEE to the pc which is running either the mission planner software, or HappyKillmore GCS, and I get the heartbeat and it says that mavlink is running, but it is not showing any of the data on the instruments. I can then connect the PC to the APM board through the USB cable, and it will only then start to send data to the gcs software when I enable the comport after it is connected. To put it crudely, it seems almost like I have to "Prime" the APM board with the computer through the USB cable, then I can get data through the XBEE link. I've tried many different combinations with the different software, and it seemed that APM version 1 would work. Sorry if I'm being unclear.