In mission planner it tells me that my throttle hover is 649 or 64.9%. So am I right in assuming I need to set my mid throttle at the same 649?

Views: 707

Replies to This Discussion

Well then, Nice Walter, great post. I'm running a apm 2.8 clone. I would love to post a data log but my wife stepped on my tablet last night and that's all gone. I'm getting a new one soon, and when I do I'll post a log. The marspower motors I'm running, I've never used, and am not to sure what the quality of them are. As per quality control. It's a an HJ-1 450 frame with build in power distribution board. 3dr power module. The escs are 30 amp linear bec Simonk. I am still running in Pwm, could that possibly pull more power I wonder. Trust me when I say I ran all the numbers 10 times over before I bought a single part. I've never seen the motors pull over 27 amps, even in heavy thrust take offs. I'm not sure what the watts were. Could the 10" props be too big and the motors are having a hard time pushing them, although both the motors and escs have never gotten more than a very Luke warm. So I don't think they are struggling. As for the esc/motor calibration, I've done it three times to be sure. But I will try again just before takeoff, to be positive. The attached picture is the frame I'm running.
Attachments:
By chance would the telemetry log work for someone to look at? At 20amps I'm 231 watts, and 10amps 118 watts. If telemetry log not good enough I can try and get mission planner up and get a to get a better log. But I'm not sure how to get mission planner to record what you need. Am I right in guessing I have to choose something from the bit mask log drop down menu, to get data flask logs?

PWM isn't the issue no less efficient power wise there (maybe a little laggy compared to sbus communication per say but fine none the less)....  27amps at your nom voltage of 11.1 is 299.7watts/4motors which is only 74.925 watts/motor... I don't recall your specific specs but again your only getting half or less of what the number say you should be..  If you look at cell T19 in my little xls it shows you should be close to 63.8 amps at WOT..  10x4.5 props aint it.. Spredsheet and ecalc says their good...  Maybe verify in MP and on your TX that your throttle is actually going to full throttle..  Maybe redo your TX calibration to the FC using MP...  All the acronyms LMAO... heheh ok that was too far sry back on point...

Two thoughts I still have...  One is are you sure about your take off weight????  It's odd that you have a major power supply and or performance problem yet the drone flys as it should.. I would assume this as you haven't complained of anything other than that...   and   Second is, are you double sure about the actual props you have (have you measured them, I have gotten the wrong prop in the right bag.....)?  The only thing explaining the low draw would be a 9030 or something smaller with low pitch and you're just running out of kv...  ok ok three thoughts, battery again...All 3 cells kicking still for sure... Past those things bud I dunno...  log could certainly help...

9030 prop has a max amp draw of 29.1 on paper with a twr of 1.7 ish just saying... those numbers seem closer to what your getting.. only way i can make it make sense other than a weigh/mech failure somewhere...

Walt

Jason Greening said: 

Well then, Nice Walter, great post. I'm running a apm 2.8 clone. I would love to post a data log but my wife stepped on my tablet last night and that's all gone. I'm getting a new one soon, and when I do I'll post a log. The marspower motors I'm running, I've never used, and am not to sure what the quality of them are. As per quality control. It's a an HJ-1 450 frame with build in power distribution board. 3dr power module. The escs are 30 amp linear bec Simonk. I am still running in Pwm, could that possibly pull more power I wonder. Trust me when I say I ran all the numbers 10 times over before I bought a single part. I've never seen the motors pull over 27 amps, even in heavy thrust take offs. I'm not sure what the watts were. Could the 10" props be too big and the motors are having a hard time pushing them, although both the motors and escs have never gotten more than a very Luke warm. So I don't think they are struggling. As for the esc/motor calibration, I've done it three times to be sure. But I will try again just before takeoff, to be positive. The attached picture is the frame I'm running.

For this issue, you just need the basic data logging.  This page tells you how to use dataflash logs and how to change the bit mask. http://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-downloading-and-analyzing-d...

You are going to want Current and Ctune as a minimum.   If you have never used dataflash logging before, you might want to select the Clear Log Files button when your are done to erase your old logs. 

The telemetry logs contain much of the data, but I did not see the throttle parameters listed there.

Doug

Jason Greening said:

By chance would the telemetry log work for someone to look at? At 20amps I'm 231 watts, and 10amps 118 watts. If telemetry log not good enough I can try and get mission planner up and get a to get a better log. But I'm not sure how to get mission planner to record what you need. Am I right in guessing I have to choose something from the bit mask log drop down menu, to get data flask logs?
So just a little update. My props are definitely 1045's, my battery is kicking all three cells top notch,full charge at 12.6, balanced. Recalibrated my tx to mp, and escs and motors again twice. Did notice they were out when I went to redo them. I have a second flight mode with motors spin on arm at 5% throttle, and one motor didn't spin, but fine after that. SOOOOO, my new telemetry antennas are at loomis, gunna go grab them and try her out again this weekend. Shall let you know tomorrow. Oh yeah and hopefully a new tablet as well.
Hello again. I took the "little girl" out again today "Walter", lol! Well, my problem is weight I think, flew with the 5000mah 30c with hover just over half throttle, same problem. Them said to hell with it and threw on 2 1300mah 15c in parallel and had hover at just under half throttle, way better.

Jason, What is the hover current?  For a copter of your size and weight I would not expect it to be more than 12-13 amps with a 3S battery.  If you are hovering at just over 50% with the weight of a 5000mah battery on a 450 frame, then you are in the ball park and should go with it.  So again, I would expect 12-13 amps hover current and up to 20 minutes hover time on a 5000 battery.

I'd still like to see a hover data log if you can get one posted.

Doug

I will post one for sure. I am just waiting to pick up my antenna from DHL. I'm running version 3.2 on mission planner. So I can only get data logs though mavlink. I can't get it to work in the terminal. I connect in terminal, it says com port open, then just starts spewing a buck of stuff nonstop.

That's because you are using an APM.  The CLI was removed to make room for better code...

What is I used an older firmware prior 3.2, would it work then?

A good scale is invaluable....  If you don't know the true take off weight it makes things difficult for sure... More weight certainly would cause this issue the same as a smaller prop by accident... If your able to see current draw then just check and see if WOT draws around 63 amps ish... That should be max draw based on the voltage and kv your running... Hover should be 16.7 ish...  If those things are happening (the draw numbers) then everything is working correctly and your just to heavy.  Walmart sells some scales (USPS scale does up to 5lbs more accurately...) that are accurate to .2 pounds... You can get a fairly accurate weight by weighing yourself with and without the model... Crude and not perfect but gets you close enough to know what to expect performance wise...

Walt

Jason Greening said:

What is I used an older firmware prior 3.2, would it work then?
Why are you so bent on using terminal to download log files?  Every thing you need to do can be done without it and downloading logs using MavLink over USB (which would already be connected) takes a couple of mouse clicks..

RSS

© 2017   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service