hi,

i have this 4 pin sensor ar home

, and i was wondering if it can be used in complement or instead the classic sensor.

Anybody succeed using these object avoidance?

anybody tried?

thx for your time

Views: 29523

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Bernardo, I'm using the same sonar sensor, HC-SR04. However, it has 4 pins: Supply, Trigger, Echo, Gnd. You mentioned that you used the sonar with the second board attached where 3 pins come out. May I know the details about this second board? I can't seem to make the 4-pin sensor work with Pixhawk. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Bernardo said:

Hi :)
cool that the sonar works on APM.
What is the A1 pin for the Pixhawk??
I'm reading through the WiKi but there is no mention how to connect the HC-SRo4 to the Pixhawk.
I use the sonar with the second board attached where 3 pins come out.
The sonar shows a red led but no numbers in MP. I connect to the ADC 3.3 V plug in the middle.
Is that ok?

Hi Angelica,

the APM, Pixhawk, Pixhack, CUAV and similar FC from this series needs a special signal that is provided through

a small additional board attached to the Sonar you have.

It is available from RC stores, China suppliers and from EBay as a set..

Please see the attached images.

Attachments:

..........more pics:  hope this helps a little :)

Attachments:

Thank you so much, Bernardo! May I know the name of the additional board attached to the Sonar? What is it called?

Bernardo said:

Hi Angelica,

the APM, Pixhawk, Pixhack, CUAV and similar FC from this series needs a special signal that is provided through

:) no special name for the board. It is sold already together as one unit with the HC SR04.

At the moment I saw on on EBay

----> http://www.ebay.com/itm/APM2-Ultrasonic-Module-HC-SR04-for-RC-APM-2...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/APM2-Ultrasonic-Module-HC-SR04-for-RC-APM-2...

here you have the two boards together an the 3 pin analogue signal for APM and Pixhawk ;)

Angelica Crespo said:

Thank you so much, Bernardo! May I know the name of the additional board attached to the Sonar? What is it called?

Bernardo said:

Hi Angelica,

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Season Two of the Trust Time Trial (T3) Contest 
A list of all T3 contests is here. The current round, the Vertical Horizontal one, is here

© 2017   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service