New board came in, only needed to replace the main one the IMU still works. I soldered everything up (which surprised me, i'm not so good at soldering, but i did a great job :P, i initially ordered a presoldered kit from udrones)
Plugged up, firmware reloaded, rx plugged in (and powered properly this time.... i'm taking the 5v from my FTDI cable to directly power the board until i get my ESC in, this other one i have apparently doesnt have a BEC).
Now everything's working great. I might even write a little guide for the site on mixing 2 switches on Futaba T6J, got that working great for 4 modes (wish it had a 3 position switch but oh well). Plane should be here soon but in the mean time i did a full on test of everything including xplane hardware in loop, which was pretty cool, but in stabil/auto modes i ahd proper servo movement on pitch and roll (didnt test yaw but w/e i'll do that later)
such a fun project so far :)