I just bought an ArduCopter Kit a few weeks ago and finally assembled it. Now I have some issues communicating with the board via the APM Planner.
Here is a bit of history of my problem:
1. I was able to connect, download and configure the software using APM Planner
2. I setup the RC, ESCs and everything else successfully
3. I've assembled the kit completely and was able to arm and control my servos fine
4. After swapping the ESC connections to configure the correct direction for all motors. Reconnected to battery and everything worked well.
5. Installed the propellers and connected the batteries. Some ESCs start beeping and the servos were twitching
6. After that I could not re-arm my ESCs but the RX was working since I've seen the send blinking
7. Disconnected the the ESCs and battery and tried to re-program the board. Then I realized i cannot connect anymore.
Here is exactly the symptom i got now:
Can somebody help me figure out what's wrong? There is nothing more upsetting than having everything work for 10 minutes and then stop...
I want to mention that I've tried connecting with different USB cables, have no driver or connectivity problem as I was able to communicate well with this board initially.
Does this point to a bootloader issue?
Is there anything else i should test, try, measure to provide more insight? Any thoughts?
Thank you very much for help,
After the APM boots and wont connect, is the green (A) led on or do led A & C flash?
The A B or C leds are not liting up at all during boot or later. When I hit the terminal button on AOM Planner i get the Opened Com Port line and then nothing is received...
The CLI Switch is in the CLI Position.
If theres nothing coming from the APM via the serial terminal while in CLI mode, then its probably software.
Have you tried uploading the code using arduino?