My USB connection broke off the APM board, is there any way around using the usb port?  Is it possibly to use the telemetry pins to connect to it?  I also have the the ground link of the 3dr telemetry can i connect that physically to the telemetry port?

Thanks

Views: 1645

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Bootloader still runs at 115200..

Regards

Soren

Hi,

setting COM6 to 115200 baud in Mission Planner won't let me connect to the APM anymore.

Does UART0 support 115200? Can I change the baud rate for the bootloader?

I never changed any baudrates on the APM. Where and how can I change these?

Hi,

For MAVLink, use 57600.

For firmware upgrades, select 115200 and do not connect. You will have to push the reset button about the same time as you start upload.

Regards

Soren

It works!

For Mission Planner 1.2.38 you should use the following timing when uploading new firmware to APM 2.5

1. goto firmware and select com port for usb to serial adapter
  2. select 115200 baud
  3. DO NOT connect
  4. click on desired firmware
  5. click yes to continue
  6. while detecting APM version press and release the reset button
  7. wait for download from internet
  8. after reading hex process started press and hold reset button until reading hex finished. Release reset button
  9. wait for the magic to happen

Thanks to all who supported me!

Marco

Can I ask what version of APM do you have and how did you broke it ? I'm using USB port very often and  I would be very disappointed if it's happen to mine... : / Is there any way to prevent this ?

Thanks 

You can reduce the wear on the USB port by connecting a short micro USB cable, and then connecting a USB extension cable.

I had an APM clone which didn't work right in the first place.

I'm on my third 3DR APM and haven't had any issues with the USB connection (APM2 x 2, APM2.5+)

I have done all this but after updating the firmware apm is not connecting only green led is glowing and apm is heating too

please help me what to do ??

RSS

© 2014   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service