Hey! I am looking at purchasing a jDrones Quad or maybe Hexa. I have 3 BIG questions. I am completely new so help and advice would be amazing! 

1st. If I buy the CMOS Video Camera from the DIY Drones Store, how do I record video? Where does it plugin? Is there more external hardware required? How would one set up 900mhz live video? 

2. What is the payload difference between the four models? Does anyone know? *Four models being: 1.Quad 2.Quad with motor upgrades, 30 amp ESC's, and 12x45 props 3. Hexa 4. Hexa with same upgrades as 2...*

3. If I have Telemetry set up, can I program the drone to go outside of RC reciever mode? I saw somewhere that APM gets its power from the RC receiver? is that true? If I send it via Telemetry outside range, will the autopilot shut down? 

Thanks so much guys! I am so excited to build a drone!!!!

-Will

Tags: CMOS, Camera, Live, Payload, Range, Reciever, Telemetry, Video, feed, photography, More…video

Views: 959

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

kk Thanks!

Oh, I mentioned you could swing a 11" or 12" prop with the stock motors, I correct myself.  With a 20A esc, no way.  The motor might be able to, but the esc will most likely overheat.

How big diameter wise can I go with an engine? How big is the opening on the Arducopter? Do you know?

Please indulge my ignorance, but why couldn't I go over 900k on a quad?

Not sure what the motor mount dimensions are, ask in the Arducopter Group, Chris Anderson or someone more in the know will answer.  Engine diameter is not a direct indication of its power.  It depends on how the coils are wound on the motors.

The kv is indication how fast the motors run for the amount of voltage you apply.  It's rpm per volt.  So, 850kv means that for a 11.1v (3s) battery your motor will turn at 850*11.1 = 9435 rpm.  The way the motors are set up, the lower the kv the more torque a motor has, which means it can turn a larger prop but slower.  Thrust is a function of prop size and motor speed.

The problem with using lower kv motors for quads is that if the propeller runs too slowly, the response of the quad reduces.  The prop is used to generate lift and manuver.  It can generate higher thrust, but because of the heavier and larger surface area, changes in thrust will be slower. Another complicated engineering problem.

People write scientific papers about these issues.

Well thank you very much Ellison :)

jDrones has motor test data here: http://store.jdrones.com/product_p/ac2830358.htm

RSS

© 2014   Created by Chris Anderson.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service