WAYPOINT REACHED

The question has been asked before a long time ago but i havn't heard anything of it ever since. Is it possible to find out if a waypoint has been reached? Does dronekit implement this mavlink message? I'm programming a drone to stop for a few seconds once the waypoint is reached and havn't found a way to do so.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Your script should be working fine! Add some Debug.Log() statements in a few areas. Try and output the current waypoint to see if it's actually switching to the next one, and the current waypoints position mcdvoice login

McDVOICE
  • That worked?? I never tried that command since according to the API it doesn't stop the vehicle.

Evidlo said:

I figured this one out too.  Just use MAV_CMD_CONDITION_DELAY to add delay commands after each waypoint.

# hold position at current location for given seconds
    def delay(time):
        return Command(0, 0, 0, mavutil.mavlink.MAV_FRAME_GLOBAL_RELATIVE_ALT, mavutil.mavlink.MAV_CMD_CONDITION_DELAY, 0, 0, time, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0)

Melvin said:

Yea, but i noticed that the "MISSION_ITEM_REACHED" message is thrown after the delay(atleast its like that in the simulation) and i need something to tell me when it has reached it at that exact moment. So im thinking of switchin to Loiter mode after the delay to see if it works just fine). Sadly i live in PR and still got no power to charge up my laptop(bless Irma) and test that.

Evidlo said:

Ah, nevermind.  The first argument to MAV_CMD_NAV_WAYPOINT is the hold time.

Evidlo said:

Out of curiosity, how are you getting the quadcopter to stop at each waypoint?

Melvin said:

Great find Evan, works like a charm.
    • Sadly i live in PR and still got no power to charge up my laptop(bless Irma) and test that.
  • I figured this one out too.  Just use MAV_CMD_CONDITION_DELAY to add delay commands after each waypoint.

# hold position at current location for given seconds
    def delay(time):
        return Command(0, 0, 0, mavutil.mavlink.MAV_FRAME_GLOBAL_RELATIVE_ALT, mavutil.mavlink.MAV_CMD_CONDITION_DELAY, 0, 0, time, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0)

Melvin said:

Yea, but i noticed that the "MISSION_ITEM_REACHED" message is thrown after the delay(atleast its like that in the simulation) and i need something to tell me when it has reached it at that exact moment. So im thinking of switchin to Loiter mode after the delay to see if it works just fine). Sadly i live in PR and still got no power to charge up my laptop(bless Irma) and test that.

Evidlo said:

Evidlo said:

Melvin said:

• I think the vehicle should come to a complete stop so long as the delay is nonzero.  Not sure what the minimum is though.

Melvin said:

Evidlo said:

Evidlo said:

Melvin said:

• Yea, but i noticed that the "MISSION_ITEM_REACHED" message is thrown after the delay(atleast its like that in the simulation) and i need something to tell me when it has reached it at that exact moment. So im thinking of switchin to Loiter mode after the delay to see if it works just fine). Sadly i live in PR and still got no power to charge up my laptop(bless Irma) and test that.

Evidlo said:

Evidlo said:

Melvin said:

• Ah, nevermind.  The first argument to MAV_CMD_NAV_WAYPOINT is the hold time.

Evidlo said:

Melvin said:

• Out of curiosity, how are you getting the quadcopter to stop at each waypoint?

Melvin said:

• Great find Evan, works like a charm.
  • I figured out how to do this with observers the other day.

@vehicle.on_message('MISSION_ITEM_REACHED')
        def on_waypoint(self, name, message):
            print "Just reached item #{}".format(message.seq

This reply was deleted.

Activity