Web Site Question

I wasn't sure where to go with this question, so I'll try here.  Do all posts now require approval before they can be seen?  If so, what happened to cause this change?

Thanks,
Paul

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• On a slightly related note. I created a new blog entry, but only saved it as a draft as I hadn't finished writing it.

How come it got approved and put on the front page? Surely this shouldn't even be possible?

Colin

Blog posts are moderated. Blog posts are published on the front page. Moderators are asked to ensure that blog entries meet the site guidelines. As far as I know, the blog has been moderated since at least December 2010, and I believe it goes back much farther than than.

The Ning platform introduces some artificial limits on how moderators, volunteer users just like you, can interact with posters. In particular, unless you have accepted a "friendship" with those moderators, they can only send a very space-limited message to you once. Should you have any questions or concerns, it is best to accept the friendship request and speak with them, I think you will find that any issues can be worked out very quickly. 

Your participation and sharing are the invaluable contributions that keep this site and community vibrant and alive, and are greatly valued by all your fellow members.

• Well, I can answer my own question as this posted immediately.  Wonder why a post to a certain blog topic was put on hold pending approval.

This reply was deleted.

Activity