I bought my original at 3dr and now it says out of stock.  Should I buy a fake?  I dont want to. lol!

I want to get the controller and the GPS and all the goodies.

Views: 8548

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think I found my problem, I have been attempting flight with a 4 cell battery like I did with my other FC boards.  I tried a 3 cell and it maintained flight, but very unstable like the PID are too high.  I will now tone those down and see what happens.

Steve Kurywchak said:

Hi Rob,

How did the 250 fly with a bad IMU using the PixFalcon.?  I have used every board from APM to the PixRacer and cannot get the Hobbyking PixFalcon to lift off without eventually flipping back wards.  Are you using a power module to power the board?  I am using two wires to connect to the PM ,  5V and ground.  We can't power the servo rail, as I am used to doing with all the other boards, also there is no ground connections to the ESCs'.  Any thought you can share? 

Thanks,

Steve

Rob_Lefebvre said:

Gary, I've got a Pixfalcon on a 250 racer.  The IMU failed after about 10-20 flights.  I will be replacing it with an AUAV Pixracer, just haven't gotten around to it yet.  I don't use Hobbyking junk anymore.  They just have no quality control or engineering standards.  They will even foist off junk with known major engineering errors, such as their Pixracer clones.  I just don't have time to deal with this crap anymore.

Info from 3DR on the Pixhawk Mini
" Expect to see all details, a quick start guide and faq on our site by Wednesday but here is a rundown:
Main Processor: STM32F427 Rev 3
IO Processor: STM32F103
Sensors
Accel/Gyro/Mag: MPU9250
Accel/Gyro: ICM20608
Barometer: MS5611
Voltage Ratings:
Power module output: 4.1~5.5V
Max input voltage: 45V (10S LiPo)
Max current sensing: 90A
USB Power Input: 4.1`5.5V
Servo Rail Input: 0~10V
Dimensions: 38x43x12mm
Weight: 15.8g
External GPS Module: GNSS receiver: ublox Neo-M8N; compass HMC5983
Weight: 22.4g
Dimensions: 37x37x12mm
Interface:
1 x UART Serial Port
Spektrum DSM/DSM2/DSM-X® Satellite Compatible
Futaba S BUS® Compatible
PPM Sum Signal Input
I2C
CAN
ADC
Internal Micro USB Port"

Very happy about the much improved power module! The rest looks the same as what's on the Holybro PF or am I mistaken? Oh and what's a CAN bus good for on an AP?

If you can wait till Wed, all will be revealed ;-)

I don't think I can but I'll try!! :) Way to set the stage !

I didn't get it to fly.  It won't arm anymore.  I think I am using a power module, can't remember, I haven't used it in a while.

Steve Kurywchak said:

Hi Rob,

How did the 250 fly with a bad IMU using the PixFalcon.?  I have used every board from APM to the PixRacer and cannot get the Hobbyking PixFalcon to lift off without eventually flipping back wards.  Are you using a power module to power the board?  I am using two wires to connect to the PM ,  5V and ground.  We can't power the servo rail, as I am used to doing with all the other boards, also there is no ground connections to the ESCs'.  Any thought you can share? 

Thanks,

Steve

Chris, reveal already! Or did I miss it.. :)

Excellent!

You can get one on Amazon

If anyone wants a Pixracer, I got one from Jordi's shop:

http://mrobotics.io/

The shipping for me in California was less that 24 hours, and his customer support has been superb.  I wanted to order something from the US, and it's paid off.  Happy to support local business, and especially one owned by an enthusiast who has already given so much to our community.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service