which quadcopter to buy

Hi its my first time on the forums.

I am looking to buy a quadcopter for FPV and some video recording, I have done some research but wanted a different opinion on which quadcopter to buy. My budget is around $1200 and any help would be appreciated. 

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I bought the 3DRobotics hex for aerial videography.  The hex gives me more lift for carrying a camera gimbal and possibly a small DSLR.  The Arduopilot flies better than me (but I am still learning).

Whatever you buy, get extra props, maybe a spare motor or two.  If you are new to multi rotor flight, you will crash while learning to fly.  The radio is something you do not want to trim the budget on.  

I haven't added the receipts, but so far I have about $1,000 into my hex including a lot of props, two motors and replacement arms.  Also budget for batteries and a balanced charger.  

My specs:
    ArduCopter HEXA 3DR-A Frame
    APM 2.0 Purple Full Kit Assembled
    Motor AC2836-358, 880Kv
    ArduCopter ESC 20 Amp
    Propellers: 12X45 EPP Style
    MB1200 XL-MaxSonar-EZ0
    3DR GPS uBlox LEA-6
    Firmware: 2.8.1
    Mission Planner: 1.2.17
    Radio: Spektrum DX7
    Empty Weight: 1800gm

• 3D Robotics

If all you want is a RC quad, there are many choices, but the DJI Naza with is easy to use and reliable and the Phantom is RTF. But if you think you will want to upgrade to autonomous missions (full UAV), our own ArduCopter is the best choice. 

This reply was deleted.

Activity