I don't really know what to say......have just run the Radio test in order to copy the data to show you, and it is now showing normal data! I have sat here trying to think what has changed and I can't get my head round it, as I have not made any changes since my last post. Now when I move the throttle up I see the data changing from 0 to 99 normally. I have also tested to see if it still cuts out when switching to Auto and it works perfectly fine. So issue some how resolved!
I want to say first of all thank you very much for all of your support, Chris and others. I don't believe things just fix themselves so when I work out what happened to make it work ill update on this thread, so at least others can benefit should they have the same issue.
Yesterday i made first flight with APM. Stabilization mode went quite well except problems with rudder - i'll describe it in extra topic.
But when i switched to RTL throttle goes to zero ;o(. Therefore i hope somebody resolve this problem and hope describe it here.
I used APM 1.02.
Same thing for me. Can you look in your logs and see what altitude your gps is reporting? My gps logs show altitude of 1992 meters which is 1600 meters too high. this is why i think throttle cuts so airplane can decend to defaul altitude. what is your default altitude set to?
i think the solution may be to flash my firmware in my gps, but i broke my gps when removing it. i ordered a new gps and will try again.
i installed a new gps. reset the memory with cli. altitude reads 1741meters. so i turned off power to the APM, started and received new gps lock. ran test/gps in cli and altitude now reads 2241m. any ideas? im at 650' asl.
I really need to sit down and methodically record the steps that I make. I am a software tester by profession, as such this sort of thing comes naturally, but I just don't have the time to spend on the APM that I would like. Maybe a few hours a month, that's it. As a result I have to make multiple steps which doesn't make things easy to trace. Anyway, enough of the excuses.
Regarding versions - I have had this "no throttle" problem ever since I started working with APM - This was back in October last year, so I guess v1.0. It was still in beta for sure. Every so often, you'll make a few tweaks to config.h, write it to the APM (Almost universally, I stick to Arduino for this) and pabaa...! Switch to any mode other than manual, and your throttle stick does nothing. Even modes where some semblance of airspeed needs to be maintained (RTL, Auto etc) there is no motor.
I am running a MTK GPS. The firmware - good question. It's as it was delivered from the DIY drones store last October. The only other off-board sensor is the DIY drones supplied airspeed sensor. Arduino was v21 when I started out now 22 IIRC. For reference I upgraded to APM 2.0 and had the same problem creep up.
My radio is perhaps a slightly left-field choice - I use Sanwa Airtronics radios (in the case of my APM equipped Skyfun it's an RDS8000 2.4 unit with matching 8ch Sanwa Airtronics Rx. I guess most people use Futabas or cheapo Hobbyking kit.
One thing I have noticed though is that the Mission Planner does some bizarre stuff. Keeps telling me my port is potentially in use / cannot read or write to the board sometimes. When it does read from APM, some of the field continue to display "Loading". I've given up on the mission planner until I'm happy it's not screwing my APM software or config. I justify this in that I made a read from APM of four waypoints, modified them slightly then wrote them back to APM. After this and this alone, my elevator was reversed in any mode other than manual. Utterly bizarre. I did a factory reset and re-config'd the radio to no avail. Only a re-write of the software via Arduino could fix it.
Similarly, I had it fly a mission last weekend. Worked great. I landed, performed a reset of the APM, launched and when I switched to Auto, the APM simply tried to fly the thing into the deck...! It tried to follow the waypoints, but at what altitude I don't now - sure as heck wasn't the 100m agl I had programmed and successfully run 5 minutes previously.
Anyway, I digress. I promise to be more methodical in my approcha from now on (yes, it means I cannot advance as quick) but if it helps find this bug it's well worth it...!
Please let me know what othe rinfo I can supply. More than happy to help, even if my time is somewhat limited.
Thanks for the continued support.