Sagetech is pleased to introduce a new transponder to be
released in the 4th quarter of 2010. Having designed the (then) world's
smallest Mode C transponder for the Insitu ScanEagle UAV, this new
design (XPST Mode S) is even smaller and uses less power.

The XPST-9509-01-1 is a full featured Mode-S Transponder certified for use in the US and Europe. It will also be offered in a Mode C variant. It features an integrated encoding altimeter, is smaller than a deck of playing cards, and consumes less than 3 watts of electrical power from a 10V to 35V DC supply. This device represents the state of the art in miniaturization and is well suited for applications where size and weight are critical, such as in small UAV's.

• Includes an altitude encoding altimeter.
  • Supports ELS, EHS, and can be used as an ADS-B receiver via extended squitter.
  • Available with or without a control head (used in manned aircraft),
  • Suitable for use up to 15,000 feet.
I can't wait to get one for my FunJet !!!

Views: 9511

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Some folks are visiting botmite.com and their IP changes along with their name, say, Hughes Corporation to Service Provider Corporation and their location changes but a trace reveals Washington DC.  After trace and site visit, their info is changed.  This is followed by various agencies - all looking for billable hours.  Its funny to watch signals intelligence show up - kinda exposes their limitations, even from MCI.

UAV limitations per FAA :: This regulatory scheme restricts people,  investors, inventors, developers, engineers and creative energy from productive activities.  They are restricted by "regulations" - not laws, mind you, formed by an agency (an interest group) until they can get another budget out of it. This makes it easy for what little is left of the US economy to be further relocated out of the country.  Wales, for instance, sees this and invites the whole world of developers into their sandbox at a lower overhead. No UAV certificate necessary or and pay-offs to third parties to open the door are necessary.   

It reminds me of an infowars.com article on the effects of Industry-based restrictions (i.e. air quality), that exempt those who pay into political campaigns.  Net result? Those who do not pay are excluded from competition.  Zoning ( regulating use and size of buildings) is a local-level example - developers and interest groups pay to lock out future competitors from the market.  The early bird gets the worm. Small developers and low-cost businesses are blocked from opening and people are banned from living in smaller houses.  How?  The zoning code and code enforcement follow "regulations" for where, how big, and (now), style of construction - current regulations fail to adhere to enabling statutes.

Hi guys 

IS this technology could replace TCAS in our UAV ? 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service