Hello All,

i bought a second hand apm 1, to use with ardurover. looking forward to it, it should arrive in 1-2 weeks. 1 have 1 question. the owner told me i could never use the esc with bec, according to him i always have to take out the red wire from the esc and use a seperate ubec. this because if you plug in the usb without first powering the esc with a battery, there was a chance the esc pulled some power through the usb, causing the bord to blow.

is this correct? are you all using seperate ubecs? i cant find something about it on the forums, thats why i ask:)

thanks in advance!

greets vincent

Views: 1109

Replies to This Discussion

nobody an answer about the sonar question?

Hi Vincent,

i think the sonar was not accurate enough for using for the rover. too much false positives.
(dirt, stones,..)

but the rover supports a cheap IR sensor, have tested this on my bench and i think if an obstacle becomes in the configured trigger range it will go 90 degrees right to avoid a collision.

here you can find some info on configuring with the full-rover setup.

https://code.google.com/p/ardurover/wiki/IRSensor

regards
Linus

thanks for your reply. maybe i will try an ir in the future. but i own the sonar already, and would like to try it;) would the pitot port be ok for connection?

i would try plugging in like described on the IRSensor doc page. could work but i am not aware what kind of filtering is going on there. should dig into the code maybe.

linus

@Vincent,

I agree with Linus. The software is setup to detect the sonar on the I/O pin described in the IR Sensor document page.

You might want to tilt the sonar up at a slight angle to help reduce ground reflections. You might have to empirically determine the correct angle that mitigates false reflections. I am not too keen on the IR sensor as bright sunlight can cause false returns.

Regards,

TCIII

is there someone who knows if this gps would be better then the original, and if so, is it possible to use this one without having to reprogram anything? so i just plug it in, wil it work immidiatly?

http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo=goods_details.dwt&goodsid=...

thanks in advance

does anybody knows this?

nobody?

@Vincent,

I doubt if anyone on the ArduRover User Group knows since it has been a while since your original post. I suggest that you post your request on the GPS Forum and you might get a response.

Regards,

TCIII

i posted it in the gps section, but still didn.t get a response. i just ordered one, hope it wil be here in 1-2 weeks:) then i wil test it!

RSS

© 2014   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service