I have a MicaSense RedEdge3 (purchased mid March 2017) installed on a 3DR Solo. This setup has been excellent for small to mid-sized projects (10Ac - 100Ac @ 400Ft AGL & 80% Overlap).
Mapping Package Includes:
- 3DR Solo (W/ Remote Controller & Tablet Holder)
- MicaSense RedEdge3 w/ GPS, DLS (Down Light Sensor), GPS Mast, Calibration Reflectance Panel. (RedEdge3 is Powered by Solo.)
- 4x 3DR Solo Smart Batteries
- 3DR Backpack for Solo
- 3DR Solo Smart Battery Charger
- 3DR Remote Controller Charger
- 3DR 3-Axis Gimbal for GoPro (GoPro Not Included)
- Extra: I have a GoPro that can be included for a bit more, but am assuming the buyer is dedicating this rig to crop mapping.
- Note: All items are factory. (3DR / MicaSense)
This has been an incredibly reliable setup and has given great results in the 10Ac to 100Ac range. I've pushed 140Ac when these batteries were at their peak (400Ft AGL @ 75% Overlap). These batteries are getting tired, so plan to run in the 10Ac to 100Ac range unless new batteries are purchased. (New batteries run $48 each on Amazon. Linked below.)
Here's a sample map with the MicaSense Case Study we put together using this Solo & an older RedEdge3:
- Market Value +tax for this setup as new is over $6000:
Ag OnPoint, Inc.