I thought I would take a look at Qt and the GS source etc.. After successful install of Qt, I tried to compile the GS source, but I received a string of compile build errors for header files not found....
Has anyone had success in compiling…"
This is fantastic... I am just using serial at 10hz output from FG over 57600 baud and my DCM code is generating the correct pitch and roll over serial output to my VB simple GS artificial horizon indicator... Now I can work on reducing…"
The sim is great as Mark has said. I also saw you youtube video with Rascal flying figure of 8... wow... I have a long way to go...but I have had success with sending my hardware data over serial to flightgear. I changed the flightgear…"
I downloaded version 2.0 of flightgear and have found that using serial data input, this new version still has a significant delay in processing of the serial data. I found that with my hardware output at 5hz 38400baud, using simple xml…"
Looks really nice... I have also designed a Maja look alike in CAD, using wing about 1.8m span, and built most of it from regular HomeDepot green foam/corroplast etc... I have not completed it all as yet, just need to fit servos etc, but I first…"
I am certainly no expert VB programmer and so my application is by no means the most efficient nor does it follow best coding practices. Attached to this reply should a copy of my updated work in progress version - no warranties or…"
The dashboard was just a quick and dirty visual basic application using the artificial horizon provide by Tom at http://tom.pycke.be/?pg=2. It also depends on the telemetry data stream format etc. Since this video was done, I have…"
I see that I don't need the header files.... they were carryovers from other code... (at least the first two header files):
a) "uNav/matrix.h" - was just a set of matrix routines I had compiled from uNav1.5 code - not being…"
The write up really helps and puts more clarity around a number of concepts that I now have a better handle on... With the soak time, I think that the whole DCM algorithm is now really making more sense to me. I add made first attempt…"
I cleaned up the code a little... still rough... attached file here.
I have not yet ported the yaw compensation parts... need to work on that as I want to use magnetometer for yaw compensation...
I also need to look into a few things...
Again - thanks for the matlab code. I was nice to compare to my matlab version. It is nice to see that you have it now workings! Unfortunately I have not been able to devote much time to this recently or to review your matlab code to see what…"
Thanks to Bill and others, I have now got this ported to my ARM7 and it works. I still need to work on it, but have not had much time this week. I get roll and pitch to work nicely, except right now I don't have any yaw drift…"
Thanks for the further insight on this. I am going to study this thread contents in more detail again, as I work through my port of your code again.... I am also going to try to understand the Mahony papers a little better as I think that…"