1. I have an issue with MP 1.2.97 and have screen shots, do I post it here or Ardupilot/APM forum?2. Using APM 2.6 on rover. Which forum should I use?Assume DIY drones is for legacy controllers and…Continue
"Philip: I have finally achieved auto tune. As James says below, you must NOT be moving the sticks when you enter auto tune. In my case, my trims were not correct. After I ran auto trim, I could then do auto tune. As far…"
"Wind was up even before daybreak, so no tests yet.
James: You said " Check RCX_TRIM parameters and compare them to exactly what the APM is seeing (I graphed the live values in MP). Either trim your Tx or adjust the parameters".…"
If anyone is using the stable ArduRover2 firmware version 2.45, a value of 0 is actually a slew rate of 100% and I have read some member posts indicating that this parameter may not have functioned as intended.
The latest beta ArduRover2…"
I have found the default value for the SPEED2THROTTLE_IMAX parameter to be adequate for my Traxxas 4WD Slash Rover which weights between 5 and 10 pounds with the battery in place.
TCIII ArduRover2 Developer"
As you say, 30% CRUISE_THROTTLE can make some vehicles start out quickly.
However, I found that with a 30% CRUISE_THROTTLE my Traxxas Slash Rover could go no faster than 6m/s and it took a CRUISE_THROTTLE setting of 45 - 50% to be…"
"SPEED2THROTTLE_IMAX should (I think) be around 10-40 - it's the maximum percentage throttle the integrator will add to correct the delta between the nominal cruise throttl eand what's actually required to get you to speed.
1. My rover is based on a rock crawler with 4WS and FWD (I removed the RWD motor). Max speed is ~ 1.8 M/s on grass and 2.2 on hard surface. This is OK for me. I am more interested in pursuing smoothness and…"
"30% throttle on some vehicles can be extremely quick. It's much safer to default to zero and have people read the directions on throttle settup and tuning.
What's your SPEED2THROTTLE_IMAX set to? That should…"
"Thanks, TCIII, that seems to work. Any value below 13 does not work on the test stand. This probably depends on ESC used.
I suggest the default be set to 30 to keep other newbies from suffering the same mistake.
Now I can do some…"
"Follow up: Went to larger field and got same results as smaller field. I still have to use throttle in Auto mode.
I did confirm that RTL works as expected but once again had to use manual throttle in RTL."
"Thank you MikeRover for your help.
Note that I am not deliberately trying to Kickstart and my current Kickstart param = zero, therefore I am looking for normal throttle response to auto mode.
1. Current values: Cruise speed = 0.4, Cruise…"
"A couple of questions:
1) What are your cruise speed and cruise throttle set to? These *should* define your starting throttle when you kick it into AUTO mode.
2) Is there ANY servo output on the throttle channel when you switch it to AUTO?
The AUTO_KICKSTART and the AUTO_START functions and their accompanying parameters were created for the Sparkfun AVC which did not allow the use of an R/C transmitter to switch from the Manual to the Auto Mode.
You normally will not be using…"