The SCORPID-500 is now fully stabilised and controlled by a 9 DOF IMU (ArduIMU+ v2, HMC5843, GPS with firmware TriStab v3.3 JLN). The SCORPID-500 VTOL UAV uses an innovative design based on Gary Gress concept…Continue
Here the video of the 1st full AUTONOMOUS FLIGHT of the UAV TrIMUpter with AUTOMATIC LANDING controlled with a 9 DOF IMU and a GPS...
Electronic setup used:
- ArduIMU+ V2 flat (a 6DOF IMU)
- HMC 5843 triple axis magnetometer
- GPS EM406 SirfIII
- 3 brushless motors Hextronik 1300 Kv, HXM2730-1300
- 3 ESC Hobbyking SS Series 8-10A
Hello, I have successfully tested the GPS position hold with my TrIMUpter (a VTOL tricopter).
The full stabilisation process is simply done with:
- an ArduIMU+ V2 flat,
- a triple axis magnetometer (HMC5843),
- a GPS EM406,
so this is a very cheap setup.
Below a photo of the setup…Continue
Today, my TrIMUpter v1.0 has…Continue