Ok, I didnt build it all myself, credit goes out to my mate Kim who cut holes and spent a fair bit of time with me on the build :)
So anyway, I wanted a UAV that did something... useful...
Live video is a pain, really easy to do if you dont go the legal route, but when it comes down to it, 10mw is just no fun in the city.
The next best thing has got to be mapping, strap a camera and trigger the shutter, too easy.
Other than that I wanted something under 1kg which isnt too much of an ask if you plan the build properly.
So here is a list of the parts which I ended up using for the aircraft:
So after flying it manually we went down to some farmland to try autonomous, test the Millswood GCS / data link & give the autopilot some photo triggers.
All went very well but the photos were rather bland, blurry and meh.
I wasnt expecting too much from that camera, I thought I may have picked the wrong type. The lens was internal and small but it was shock and dust proof.
Regardless, the flight went great and as expected.
Up early the next day to go flying with the guys, brought along Batto for another test. Exactly the same flight plan as yesterday, but today the AttoPilot was setup to cut the motor, level off & snap the picture every 70 meters.
So, very happy with the results today!
The uncompressed 12meg photos from the camera look fantastic, alot better then I would have thought.
Hopefully ill get a chance to head out to a friend’s property and let Batto loose over his crops.
If anyone can think of a better canopy than the coreflute one ive installed let me know, it works great but looks very cheap :)