An object oriented fork of the APM autopilot code supporting multiple vehicle types and with the goal of supporting multiple ArduPilot boards in the future (currently only ArduPilotMega).
It started as an object oriented (C++) branch of ArduPilotMega. It provides an abstraction layer between the different modules of the autopilot so that they can be shared among different vehicle types. After several discussions, we on the development team choose not to use it as a base for ArduPilotMega and ArduCopter. Think of it more as ArduPilotMega++ if you like.
Currently ArduPilotOne supports: rover(full autopilot), quad (manual flight), boat(full autopilot, not yet tested), plane(full autopilot, not yet tested)
The quad full auto support will be online in a month or so when I have time to sit down with my arducopter again and get the rest of the gains. This isn't meant to compete with ArduCopter, ArduPilotMega, it is simply a different option if you want something that you can have the same code base and is object oriented. The quad/plane code doesn't have nearly as many options as ArduCopter/ ArduPilotMega, but for my research with multiple vehicle cooperation I want a platform where all vehicles run the same c++ code using different modules for unique vehicle differences. It is fairly extensible so it will be easy to add more options as needed.
1. There is no command line mode.
2. You must run it with a ground station talking mavlink. If a mavlink packet is not received by the vehicle from the ground station it will go into a failsafe mode.
3. The main ardupilotone.pde sketch is meant as a template. You can easily copy it and modify it to your liking in a different sketch.
4. In ardupilotone.pde the vehicle configuration file is included. Make sure you include CarStampede.h if you want to test the ArduRover functionality. PlaneEasystar.h if you want to test the plane, BoatGeneric.h if you want to test the boat, QuadArducopter.h for the quad etc.
5. Feel free to make your own vehicle config file for your specific vehicle, you can use the others as a template.
memory: only 80k
speed: 150 Hz attitude loop, 100 Hz control loop @ 60% load