Join us or you will miss out big time !
Three Ardupilot dealers have teamed up to bring the first three dealers challenge, ArdiDrones in South Africa, Canada Drones in Canada and Build Your Own Drone in the UK have come together to challenge you to produce the best video to showcase the Ardupilot Mega (1.0, 1.4 or 2.0) by making a video and sharing in the setup, PID’s and frame used to acheieve the results.
This competition is open to anyone who uses a ArduPilot Mega autopilot in any multi rotor frame, Heil or fixed wing craft, so if you have a home built copter made from random parts found around the home or the office, or have an off the shelf frame fitted with the APM you are welcome to join in the fun.
The main aim of the compitition is to have some fun and show what the APM can deliver. The overall video will be voted on by the members of the DIYD community and there is a prize for the three videos which receive the higest number of votes, there is a total prize of $600, broken down into
Tc and Cs
1. All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. All entries should be submitted by via YouTube videos with the video pasted here in the three dealers challenge thread, all entries will need to have a video made which will feature the copter / plane as an introduction, hardware used & PID settings used during the flight. The Videos will need to be no longer than 2 min’s and you can be as creative as you like, the judging will be done on the overall production of the video, great smooth flights and interesting use of subjects, use of position hold, auto, RTL and other functions are promoted and are the key areas the judges will be looking for while shooting a video.
3. All videos submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them and must not have been published elsewhere or have won a prize in any other competition. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any images they submit have been taken with the permission where needed of the subject and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. Entrants must warrant that the video they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it. In the process of making your video all local laws most be obsevered, if there appears to be a “law” broken then the entry will be removed.
4. The winning entry will be that that is judged to be the most visually appealing, original and self-explanatory.
5. The winner will be notified within seven days of the closing date of the competition (The closing date for the next round is midnight on Saturday, March 31, 2012).
6. Copyright in all videos submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants. However, in consideration of their providing the Competition, each entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to feature any or all of the submitted videos in any of their publications, their websites and/or in any promotional material connected to this competition.
7. Only one entry per person, updates are allowed to your entry once submitted, but not after the closing date.
8. One entrant shall win $300 for first place, one Entrant will win $200 for second place and one entrant shall win $100 for third place. These sums of money can be used in anyone of the three sponsoring stores, South Africa, Canada or UK. The value of the price will include the shipping cost, the prizes are non transferable and there are no cash alternatives offered, all Taxes & Duties are the reasonability of the winners.
9. Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter and accordingly the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
what are you waiting for ! start flying !