My Bixler is mostly assembled, but there are some odds and ends. I need to secure the ESC inside and figure out a good way to secure the wings. Mike Pursifull suggested using Command hooks and a rubber band. Any other ideas for that?
I've heard complaints complain about inadequate rudder area so I may try to add some with some index cards or something similar (also Mike's idea). I'd be interested in feedback on what people have used to accomplish this also.
I did lots of ground testing adjusting servos and verifying the correct control orientation. I think it's all set.
As suggested by a couple folks I removed the nose weights and the control horns with hot water and reglued them with 5 minute epoxy. I've read some people don't like epoxy on EPO, but my new joints seem pretty solid.
I got failsafe working by holding down throttle cut while binding and verified that it went into Circle immediately and RTL after 20 seconds,
Here's a closeup of the cockpit. You can see the packing tape I put on the bottom and the chinstrap velcro for the electronics chassis, which is an idea I borrowed from Eagle.
Let me know if you have any feedback.