You've probably noticed that Michael Oborne seems to be improving and enhancing the Mission Planner every day, judging by the frequent autoupdates. And you wouldn't be far off from the truth! We don't post a changelog with every update (it's too many to keep up with), but if you're curious, you can always see them in the repository changes lists.
Michael recently posted on some of the more significant ones on the dev list, so I thought it would be helpful to repost them here, for a wider audience:
Mission Planner 1.2.7 enhancements:
1. added the ability to open the flight planner tab on the flight data screen. Right click the map > flight planner.
2. changes to grid mode to add inter waypoint, waypoints, also implemented new algo, plan on keeping both for a while.
3. added ability to specify a separate antenna tracker location. used to assume it was at home.
4. ground alt is now shown on the altitude tape on the hud. brown overlay
5. modified the guided mode altitude selection, it now remembers the last alt used so its just a right click and it will do it.
6. slowly moving all flight planner option to the right click menu, to free up screen real estate, linked to 1.
7. closer to AP and AC release will need to update the AP_Mount tab to work correctly since the last set of changes.
8. Same as 7 for the AP_Limits
9. There has been some work done for running the planner on Mac, there are still a few issue however.
and just a few tips
1. you can modify whats displayed on the Quick tab by double clicking the item.
2. you can change the max speed shown on the speed gauge by double clicking it.
3. you can double click the name of any tab in the config screen and it will popout, so you can use it from any of the other screens ie pids.
4. you can upload ardurover from the firmware tab with Control-R