Amazon proposes drones-only airspace to facilitate high-speed delivery
What do you guys think of this? Drone only airspace from 200ft to 400ft. Doesn't this eat into our 400ft slice of the sky? Your gear must also be up to spec to participate in this airspace
Aircraft must have:
- Sophisticated GPS tracking that allows them to pinpoint their location in real-time and in relation to all other drones around them.
- A reliable internet connection onboard that allows them to maintain real-time GPS data and awareness of other drones and obstacles.
- Online flight planning that allows them to predict and communicate their flight path.
- Communications equipment that allow them to “talk” and collaborate with other drones in the zone to ensure they avoid each other.
- Sensor-based sense-and-avoid equipment that allows the drones to bypass all other drones and obstacles such as birds, buildings or electric cables.