After reading another conversation here about adding round tube arms to an Arducopter, it got me thinking: first, can I non-destructively accomplish this, and second what would be the impact to its weight and flight abilities.
I began by finding some round arms and mounts that might work, and went with a set from a Talon HEX. I got the arms, the arm mounts, the motor mounts, and the all of the necessary hardware. An added bonus, or perhaps a problem, is that these arms are longer than the square tube arms that came with the Arducopter kit.
Getting the arms to mount to the existing frame wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, while keeping the frame intact enough that I could revert the square arms if I wanted/needed to.
I am now in the stages of trying to get all of the ESC wires and the PDB settled into the center. One thing I did not take into account is that I lost a little bit of lip room under the top mounting place due to the arm mount. I am going to need to work the PDB in there very carefully.
I will post more pics once I get the power system in, and then hopefully some info about how it flies once I get it back into the air.