Here a video of a new serie of tests of my quadcopter (QRO) during a full autonomous flight in RTL and LOITER mode (GPS position Hold) with the firmware Arducopter v2.0.54 + stability patch. The altitude is only locked by a barometric pressure (no sonar and no optical flow sensor).
The quadcopter autonomous flight is really stable and safe, the Jason' stability patch on the firmware arducopter v2.0.54 is a great improvement.
Wind: W-N-W at 13 km/h
- Ardupilot Mega (Atmega 2560 @16 MHz), 32 Mips
- Full 9DOF IMU,
- Built-in 16 MB Data Logger,
- Airspeed and absolute pressure sensors (Bosh),
- triple axis magnetometer HMC5843,
- 10Hz Mediatek GPS.
- firmware Arducopter V2.0.54 (original version + stability patch)
- Receiver: Turnigy 9X8C v2
- Transmitter: Turnigy 9x
- uBec 5V @ 5A Turnigy
- four brushless motors RC Timer BC-2836/11 (750 KV)
- two CW propellers 12 x 4.5
- two CCW propellers 12 x 4.5
- fours ESC 40A RC Timer speed controllers
- one Lipo battery 3S Turnigy Nano-Tech 2200 mAh
- Take Off Weight (TOW): 988 g without payload
- Flight time: about 10 min
more infos at:http://diydrones.com/profile/JeanLouisNaudin