I've created a new site, which I hope will become the repository for all Drone Laws and regulations around the world. My aim is to welcome credible posts on Drone* Laws for all the countries we fly in. The idea being is the local knowledge publishes their information here in easily readable format, using links to the actual legislation where possible. This will help both the locals and tourists.
It should also include advice, tips and contacts in case you do run into legal issues in a certain country. It should avoid legalese as much as possible (though links/references to actual official documents is encouraged).
I have created a sample of the sort of thing I'm talking about, using my own country of residence - Switzerland. I will try and populate the commerical one as well...unless a more qualified expert would like to have a go...?
This is simple wordpress stuff, so the workflow I invisage is:
- if you feel qualified to comment on the legal specific in your country in plain language, PM me
- I will setup you up as a contributor with name and password
- you can write and maintain your own page(s) as you see fit
- I don't intend massive Administrator oversight; I'd prefer this to work on a more wikipedia style with peer review being the key. I'll just moderate the basic junk and spam out. I might even be able to ignore the fact the American spell all their words wrong...:-)
This is just the start of the site; I will add features that people think are necessary. Legal news, forums etc are all possible. But I want to keep it concise to the subject in hand - ie the legal facts, tips and links that RC flyers need to know in their country to fly safe, and within the law.
* Yes, yes, I know...but that's what Joe Public calls them, so with gritted teeth, so do I...