Hi folks, the first Montreal Mini Maker Faire is almost here! http://www.makerfairemontreal.ca/
Check out the maker section, lots of interesting things will be there on top of the Canada Drones boot.
I have confirmation form a bunch of guys here that will bring their projects to showcase as well as potentially fly.
We will have our own secure, dedicated flight zone where we can go and fly our gear. (will require a quick inspection/ hand test when possible clearance to be granted access)
Here is a quick list of things that I will bring out there. (we will have at least 2 tables under a main tent)
- a Quad that will be used to do demo flight (yes on a very secure area! at 3pm Saturday and Sunday)
- a QR Ladybird for quick and super secure fun around the boot
- a 3DR Hexa full equipped with telemetry and camera gimbal.
- a jDrones special Hexa (top secret for now!)
- some I/O boards to have some LED action :)
- a laptop connected to an APM 2.5 to showcase the mission planner and the features.
- Some 3DR and jDrones swag
- Soldering station, LiPo recharge station / Power so we can work on the projects and repairs and have fun.
- and more! (rumors has it that there will be CanadaDrones.com coupons on site !)
Next weekend! August 25-26 from noon to 6pm (for people helping me / bringing any equipment we will need to arrive on site around 9am to setup on Saturday)
How to get there and parking?
One VERY important thing is that we are going to share a site used for a rock fest later that day. Your admission will allow you to stay on site and watch it so security and rules are a bit "extreme" for a Maker Faire but never the less mandatory and will be enforced.
This is the full list of "rules": http://expmtl.com/en/FAQ/
but for people that will skip this important reading here is some main points
- NO SLR CAMERA (it's a rock fest afterall)... if you really really really want to bring SLR camera, let me know as I can potentially have a media badge for you... but really you will need to take really good pictures! hehe
ITEMS NOT ALLOWED ON THE FESTIVAL SITE
Glass bottles and cans
Musical instruments – unless you are in a ExperienceMTL approved performing band
baseballs, beach balls, footballs soccer balls, etc.
Large sport umbrellas
Animals (except Guide dogs)
Large backpacks (camping style)
Brought from outside alcoholic beverages
Illegal Drugs and drug paraphernalia
Video / Audio recording equipment – unless you are an Experience Montreal accredited media person.
Professional photo equipment (SLR cameras, i.e. removable lens cameras) – unless you are an Experience Montreal accredited media person.
Items intended for sale / promotion unless they are approved festival merchandise.
Any object that can be used to cause bodily harm
Items that are on the disallowed list will be confiscated. Don’t not bring them to the festival site at all to save yourself the problem!
Hope to see a lot of you there! I am very excited about this event.