I just wanted to share a design we have been working on for the FPV/DIY UAV crowd.
Our goal was to design something relatively rugged, easy to build/use and affordable. And since we CNC hot wire cut foam cores for a living it needed to be manufacturable with our current process.
The design is released under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/
- All EPP foam construction with laminating film skin and corroplast tail.
- Span: 78"
- Length: 30"
- Weight: Around 3.5# minus payload
- Payload: Depends on how high you want to load the wing. About 1# is what we had in mind.
- Power: Depends on performance you are after. We like ~75 watts per pound in this class so ~300 watts min.
- Battery: Designed around a 3s 5000 lipo but could carry more.
So far we have built and flown one model. We are working on tweaks to the design to make it easier to assemble etc. Hope to have a at least a short kit ready at flyingfoam.com in Feb.