some time ago I broke my DX6I 2.4ghz transmiter, not the full radio, just the transmiter board... The Power Amplifer went away due to the break of the antenna...
I'm still waiting for another transmitter board, but already made a modification based on the transmitter of a hobbyking radio that accept PPM In as signal to continue flying.
As I was browsing web trying to find a explanation of the serial protocol used by the DX6I motherboard (DX5e has a spi protocol so the transmitter is not compatible), I found this Website : Dx6i Channel expander
Thanks to him (and the google translator) I figured how was the motherboard acting, and decided to make my own interface with much more functionnality.
The basics features :
* Grab DX6i motherboard serial line and decode it
* Translate the 6 channel into a negative PPM signal
The advanced fetaures :
* Send decoded channel over USB (if connected)
* Send decoded channel over Bluetooth (if connected and usb disconnected), ok I'm not sure that adding Bluetooth inside a 2.4Ghz radio is the idea of the year, but it is funny.
* inject/modify channel from Bluetooth or usb
* Expand Channel Number of the radio
* Grab PPM In and translate it to channel (still lot of work to do here...)
The more advanced fetaures :
* Send all channel in parallel to a rf22 433Mhz transceiver to add Long Range Failsafe (on the receive side a rf22 and a µc is acting like a satellite) (the 433Mhz is the same used on the [OpenLRS|blog.flytron.com/category/openlrs-project|en] project)
* Receive 433Mhz telemetry from the rf22 and send it back to bluetooth/usb
* The board is aslo designed to act as a receiver (lot of correction to do here)
At this time, I made a proto board that seems to work, the USB is not working the way I would like it for now, but on the good way.
I would like to have a composite usb (CDC RS232 + HID joystick), but for now only the CDC is working, the HID don't want to start...
The Bluetooth is working, I can connect it to my smartphone and receive the channels informations :
dx6i interception/injection board from BARTHELEMY Roman on Vimeo.
The PPM out is working nice as the servo out (x8)
The RF22 seems to init smoothly, I have to build another board to make them talk each other.
I'll soon be able to play to my PSX emulator using my DX6i ;)