The MAJA drone has done a successful 3.5 Km autonomous mission under flight plan on May 2011.
The FPL is composed of 5 waypoints and the MAJA drone autopilot runs the FPL during 2 loops. The full flight have been recorded with a GoPro HD wide camera. The MAJA drone is fully steered with an ArduPilotMega (APM v1.4) autopilot with a 9D0F IMU and the firmware v2.2f (JLN modified version).
The weather conditions was a bit windy and gusty: Wind 13 Km/h from ENE, gusting 20 Km/h with strong thermal lifts.
The MAJA drone setup:
- ArduPilotMega APM v1.4 (Atmega 1280 @16 MHz), 32 Mips
- Full 9DOF IMU,
- Built-in 16 MB Data Logger,
- Airspeed and absolute pressure sensors (Bosh),
- triple axis magnetometer HMC5843,
- 10Hz Mediatek GPS MTK v1.6,
- Full high speed telemetry with MavLink protocol,
- Low speed telemetry with M-Link,
- PC Laptop ground station (APM planner),
- Hand-held groundstation (Ardustation),
- XBeePro 900 for High Speed Telemetry (Mavlink).
Firmware: APM v2.2f (modified version by JLN)
Camera: GoPro HD Wide
- Brushless motor: Spitz 30 (BMI) 360 Watts (Max 480W),
- propeller thin APC-E 12x6,
- ESC: BMI #85505 C-45 (45-55A),
- 4 servos Corona CS-929 MG (1.8 kg.cm, 12.5g),
- Propulsion battery: Lipo 3S Turnigy Nanotech 3300mAh 11.1V,
- Avionic battery: Lipo 3S Turnigy Nanotech 2200 mAh 11.1V,
- UBec 5A, 5V for the Avionics (ArduPilotMega + Receiver),
- Receiver: Multiplex RX9 DR with M-Link telemetry.
Payload: Up to 1.5 Kg (Lipo battery included)
Flight time: Up to 1 hour (depends on the Lipo capacity)
More infos at: http://diydrones.com/profile/JeanLouisNaudin