No ground crew today. Down view camera was installed.
Front camera view of todays flight testing of PID settings for throttle cruise 80 & throttle max 120, pitch compensation .30 Test battery a 2250mAh 3s lipo had 1 cell going bad,
I replaced battery and retested, but crashed flat and hard when I panicked and set Mode to FBW instead of Manual..
Systems damage report:
APC 7x4 EP prop broken off both sides, replace with APC Gas 7x3 $1.95
Motor mount ripped off, $2 flexable superglue and carbon fiber, New mount for contest $5
2250 mAh test battery has one bad cell now, $60 new 4s 2650mAh 40c for contest
Tears in foam on both sides of vertical fin up to spars, $1 Liquid Nails or lo temp hot glue.
New foam body $21 for contest.
Control horn ripped off, but still on wire z bend, $0.50 superglue and add some carbon fiber.
Stripped servo plastic gears, replace set $2.49
All other electronics are fine.
Made several test flights, my observations:
1. Don't flight test with a weak or old battery
2. make smaller PID p changes, over correcting in pitch and over powered throttle in FBW mode
3. Start FWB mode at about 150' when testing throttle or pitch PID changes, 50' higher than normal
4. Train left hand Learn to use Mode switch when panic ensues, place in Manual vs FBW and relax
5. Don't ground test with a weak or old battery
6. Flying in snow is fun!
7. Don't panic!