When the THERMAL SCAN mode is enabled, the FX-61 Phantom wing piloted by the ThermoPilot is able to do a full autonomous thermalling in a cylinder of specified radius delimited by a ceiling altitude and a floor altitude .
This e-glider can fly as long as the thermal updrafts exist in this area...
Here a video of real test flight of the THERMAL SCAN mode in action.
- APM v2.6
- Ublox Neo6-M GPS + HMC5883L magnetometer,
- Airspeed sensor, MPXV7002DP,
- Voltage/current 90A sensor,
- xponder telemetry with mavlink protocol,
- GoPro 2 camera,
- Lipo 3S 4000 mAh,
- ThermoPilot v7.2 (JLN' special improvement of the arduplane v2.73-xp1)
- Mission Planer v1.2.95
more infos at: http://diydrones.com/profile/JeanLouisNaudin