All Discussions Tagged 'aerodynamics' (9)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Do surfaces ahead of propellers decrease thrust?

Hi! I have had this question for ages, nearly impossible to find anything on the web. My experiments confused me even further! Its concerni…

Started by C note

0 Aug 23

State of the Art Novel InFlowTech: 1-Gearturbine RotaryTurbo, 2-Imploturbocompressor One CompressionStep

*Wordpress Blog State of the Art Novel InFlow Gearturbine Imploturbocompressor *State of the Art - Novel InFlow Tech - Featured Project D…

Started by Carlos Barrera

0 Jan 25, 2017

State of the Art Novel InFlowTech 1Gearturbine RotaryTurbo 2Imploturbocompressor One Compression Step

State of the Art - Novel InFlow Tech - Featured Project Development; 1-Gearturbine, 2-Imploturbocompressor: *Wordpress Blog State of the…

Started by Carlos Barrera

0 Sep 27, 2016

Are there any aerodynamics modeling/simulation software that is capable to consume a SolidWorks model and to interface with MATLAB/Simulink?

Currently I am developing a control system for an aircraft of a unique design (something in between a helicopter and a dirigible). At this…

Started by Alexey Bokov

0 Oct 20, 2015

Need help: resources for learning basic hexacopter design principles.

Hi. I’m a completely new to UAVs. My son (age 11) wants my help designing one. Now, I know very little about aerodynamics. The good news i…

Started by Michael Armenia

1 Jul 20, 2014
Reply by Michael Armenia

Whirlybird style rotar head ( no tail rotar ) is this possible

Is it possible to have a helicopter without a tail rotor ? I'm aware of torque associated with the rotor blade & set ups such as notar…

Started by Michael Banks

4 Feb 25, 2014
Reply by Rob_Lefebvre

Aerodynamics of various boom configurations

I remember reading about vortices somewhere awhile ago, and about they can sometimes improve the air flow and thus also improve thrust, sta…

Started by Allen Babb

11 Oct 16, 2011
Reply by Denny Rowland

Rotorcraft Flying Handbook -- FAA-H-8083-21

I had been searching for a handbook like this for a while wanted to post the link for it here so others can benefit from it and add links t…

Started by vUAVman

1 Sep 15, 2011
Reply by Allen Babb

Alternative Hexacopter design

Hi I have for a while thought of improving the aerodynamic characteristics of traditional aerocopters. The square tubes that are used produ…

Started by Harald Sævold

6 Aug 31, 2011
Reply by Graydon Tranquilla

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service